Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 3 - I Kinda Like It

Yay for followers already! You guys have more faith in this project than I do. ;)

It's Day 3 and I am feeling fantastic. I don't think I've felt this good in months, actually. Here's what I've been eating:

Day 2, cont.:
- homemade guacamole w/ fresh avocado + salsa (which ended up turning miss J into a convert guacamole-eater -- she LOVED it!)
- tortilla chips
- PB&J in a flat bread roll-up

Day 3:
Breakfast: bowl of Cheerios with soymilk and frozen blueberries
Snack: Venti soy latte w/ 2 pumps vanilla syrup
Lunch: PB + banana on flat bread roll-up, fresh cantaloupe, baby carrots w/ hummus, mini box of soymilk (I didn't realize how much soymilk I'd had until I swallowed the last sip from my box. I think tomorrow I'll try to scale back a bit.)
Snack: More homemade guacamole & a few tortilla chips
Dinner: Rotini pasta, Ragu Garden Fresh pasta sauce cooked with 1 pkg Smart Ground, nutritional yeast flakes sprinkled on top

I have determined through trial and error that I prefer Soydream milk to Silk or other brands, although I do use Silk soy creamer for my coffee b/c they are the only ones who make it. I know I need to eat more green, leafy veggies. We have baby spinach in the fridge but unfortunately forgot to pick up things to put on it. I like my salads piled high with veggies, and right now all we have are baby carrots. We'll probably go to the store tomorrow after work methinks.

So far, this vegan thing is not so bad. I was incredibly satisfied by the pasta dinner tonight, and even my love agreed she would eat this way all the time if all meals came out tasting like tonight's. I can't wait to try out more things on her. ::cue sinister "mwhahahaha" laughter::

...unless of course she ends up pregnant, than I'll be gentle. ;)

I also took a peek at the book Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook today and was really impressed with the recipes and how everything was laid out. I love that the authors teach people like me (meaning, people with little to no kitchen know-how) how to cook potatoes and artichokes in a friendly, non-pretentious way. Do any of you own this book or care to recommend your favorite cookbook for vegan beginners?

1 comment:

  1. I'm already learning so much from this blog. Who'da thunk that a vegan could eat Ragu or any other jarred/canned/packaged food, rather than having to make e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g from scratch?

    ReplyDelete