I can't believe I'm still a vegan. I RULE.
I have had no desire to eat anything with dairy at all, which still kind of surprises me. I used to be so addicted to cheese and even thinking about a fast food cheeseburger was enough to get me in the car to the drive thru. Now thinking about it grosses me out. I can't not think of animals when I think of meat and dairy now. I hope I never lose that sensitivity, because it has been probably the most important element to staying on this diet.
Today I had a boring lunch/dinner (late shift at work) of PB&J on whole grain bread with carrot sticks and soy yogurt w/ granola mixed in, but it was still delish. Breakfast was the usual: a bowl of high-fiber cereal with soy milk and frozen blueberries and a cup of coffee. I might have a little snack of hummus and pita later if I get hungry, but I'm still pretty full from dinner.
I got a little further into Vegan Freak and I'm a little disappointed. The authors have been going on a rant for about 10 pages and I really want to get back to topics like the vegan stigma, how to handle repetitive, arrogant questions from non-vegans, etc. Not really finding that so far, but maybe I'm just in the "activist" part and the good stuff doesn't come until later. Don't get me wrong, I get the activist stuff but like I said before I'm just not there yet. Right now I just want to know how to help my friends and co-workers understand what I'm doing and why, not beat them over the head with animal cruelty facts or tell them why eating meat is wrong. I don't want to change the world; I want to change me. I want to be an example for how vegan living can be fun and tasty. I want to be a healthier person.
Maybe that makes me a selfish vegan, but oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment