It's Day 15 and I'm still doing it!
The past couple of days have been pretty emotional and stressful for us, so I haven't been eating as much fresh fruits and veggies as I should be. I'm still getting plenty of them though. My main go-to foods have been veggie sushi from the local grocer (my favorite!) hummus, granola, pb&j sandwiches and big salads with vinagrete (sp?). I've also been trying out a new brand of soy yogurt, but since I found out after the fact that they use a milk derivative I won't be getting it anymore.
I've been keeping track of my weight on WiiFit and slowly but surely things are coming down. I don't feel heavy and bloated after my meals anymore, and I've also noticed how much easier it's been to stop eating once I'm full. I guess I have a better overall awareness of how food affects me. It's fantastic!
My co-workers are very curious and have been asking me a lot of questions. A couple of them are die-hard meat eaters and cannot fathom a world without steak (shudder) so they like to tease me rather than ask about it. I love that I make them so uncomfortable, lol.
I tried a vegan-friendly box of brownie mix the other day. I saved the label in case things worked well so I would remember to get the same brand again. They were a.maz.ing and I cannot wait to make them again.
Also I bought the books Veganomicon and Vegan Freak and so far have enjoyed both. Veganomicon is more a cookbook than an instructional manual for how to become vegan, but I love the simple layout and user-friendly recipes. Vegan Freak is pretty politically charged, but it's helping to remind me of why I decided to start down this road in the first place. And it's funny, so bonus.
I'm sorry for the short, disjointed post today. As I mentioned earlier things have been a little down in our house (Mother's Day...ugh) so I haven't really felt like saying much. Once the holiday passes and we get going on the next cycle I'm sure I'll be here more often.
Toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Alicia Silverstone has been promoting a book too that focuses on veganism. I keep meaning to tell you about it, but every time I think about writing a special email for just that, I remember that you work in a bookstore and probably know about it already. :) Have you thumbed through it?
ReplyDelete