Monday, May 10, 2010

Three Weeks: Still Holding On

Mother's Day was really hard on us, and I really wanted to toss the whole vegan thing down the crapper and eat a box of brownie mix with a soup spoon. But I didn't. I held on and made us a yummy dinner of quinoa (pronounced "keen-wa") with steamed artichokes and roasted asparagus. It doesn't sound like much, but quinoa is packed with loads of protein, fiber and nutrients which filled us right up. The green veggies were the perfect side and I only wish I had made more. Even if I had I'm not sure if we would have had the room to eat it all -- we were both stuffed!

I've also found a couple new blogs that I've been following regularly. One of them is Two Vegan Boys written by the mom of two young sons. Recently she's been posting a lot about the book Vegan on the Cheap which has been a really enjoyable read. Plus she has two adorable kiddos and it's great to see how she is able to feed them healthy, kid-friendly meals that are in line with her standards. I can't wait to try it out on our kiddos!

Another blog I've been kind of obsessed with is Vegan Planet. She posts the most delish-looking recipes. Although I have yet to conquer any, once we have a working printer (and we move to the new place) I intend to print up her creations and attempt a few. My mouth waters every time she posts something new.

I am so proud to have made it 3 weeks on this diet. My coworkers have finally stopped teasing me and seem to have resigned to the fact that I will not be eating meat or dairy anymore. While learning how to make drinks in our store's coffee shop this morning, they even practiced making soy-based drinks just so that I'd be able to try something too. It was very sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Have you found a good vegan brownie recipe yet? I use a great one with dark chocolate and apple sauce and oil instead of eggs and butter. (And I feed it to non veg people who also LOVE it.)

    ReplyDelete