It's Day 5 kids, and I'm lovin' it. (Take that, McD's!) I do have a slight cold, however, which I am not lovin.
Right now I am trying not to overwhelm myself with too much information. I made the mistake of looking up cruelty-free cosmetics companies and was horrified to find that nearly NONE of the cosmetics I use are on the list. I'm not about to toss what I have, but I will have to be a little careful when I go purchase new things to make sure they are on the safe list.
Also, I have no intention of tossing my leather purses or shoes. I just want to do little things here and there that will make a bit of difference.
I have already had a few friends tell me to make sure I am eating enough protein, vitamins and minerals. I assure you all that I have been watching my intake of all 3 very carefully since I've started and will continue to do so over the course of this journey.
That being said, one of my good friends commented on my last post how surprised she was that I could eat regular, brand-name foods and still eat a vegan dinner. I have no plans of making everything from scratch (hell, I am definitely not that talented in the kitchen). I am all about convenience foods, so as long as the product is vegan-friendly I'm going to use it. Unless of course I find out that Ragu tortures its tomatoes before jarring them. Then I'm screwed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY! Good job. I do eat some hormone-free and kindly sourced dairy and eggs (because I can't do a lot of soy and love to bake), but most of the meals I cook at home are vegan. It's not that hard. AND I feed my omnivorous partner vegan meals with no complaints. People are always shocked by that.
ReplyDeleteAre you an Indian food fan? So easy to make vegan Indian food. Soups are also another easy vegan food and good for leftovers.